Eenie, Meenie, Bridal Party


McKinna here! So a friend of mine recently became engaged and of course, soon after the ogling of the ring was over discussions began about who would be chosen to be in the bridal party.  A variety of emotions, questions and sometimes problems can often arise solely based upon this decision. 



After doing some research on the do’s and donts for choosing a bridal party, there are some pieces of advice that stuck with me.

From glamour.com, the number 3 tip is “do have a “bridesmen” or “groomsgirl”.  If you’re close to your little brother, or even your big brother, why leave him out of all the fun!  Make him a “bridesmen” and he can stand up there with you during the ceremony on your side of the aisle!

I've read several different opinions regarding the obligation of including sisters and/or sister-in laws in the bridal party.  Some say, they are family and thus must be included. I say, nonsense!  The way I see it, she will know whether or not you are close enough to be included in the tight nit circle.  Just because you are related by blood doesn't make you the best of friends.  What if your fiancĂ© has several sisters?  Does that mean that you have to include them all?  I think this logic is flawed.


Finally, I have to wholeheartedly agree with Joanna Saltz from theknot.com when she says, “life will go on even if you have an uneven number of groomsmen and bridesmaids”.  So your finance has three groomsmen, but you have eight, who cares!  The uneven number may even open up opportunities for some new and innovative wedding ideas.  What a way to shake up the processional!

Now, I have never been engaged, and I have never been married, but I would hope that the final factor to choosing your bridal party would be based upon who those people are that will enhance your special day and make it the happiest of your life.  Stick with your gut.  I've already have a special someone in mind who will be by my side the day I walk down the aisle..



1 comment:

Unknown said...

All of you are looking gorgeous in your blazer and white grown. Thanks for sharing your moment. You may get all the stylish designer blazer at boutiqueken.